Moist Metal Grip® is a two-part epoxy designed to provide a water resistant, anti-corrosion coating to wet and submerged surfaces. Moist Metal Grip® is extremely flexible, tough, and durable.
- Prevents corrosion of coated materials from the damaging effects of submersion or constant moisture exposure.
- Applied to moist or condensating pipes or metal surfaces that cannot be dried or stopped to dry before applying a corrosion coating.
- Submergible after only 48 hours of cure time. Finishes curing while submerged.
- Displaces the moisture on the surface and the epoxies attach to the metal surface and cures chemically.
- Acid and chemical resistant.
- Smooth finish, self-levelling and can be tinted any color desired.
- Can be applied to steel, aluminum, wood, and concrete.
- Apply to wet surfaces that cannot be dried before applying a corrosion coating.
- Use for all metal and concrete surfaces that are exposed to constant water pooling or condensation. If metal is to be submerged, use Moist Metal Grip® to protect it while under water.
- Can be used to protect inside of water tanks. Moist Metal Grip® is a polyamide formula base that is safe for potable water uses.
- Can be applied over metal or concrete surfaces that are also flooring. Moist Metal Grip® is tough enough to withstand traffic.
Although Moist Metal Grip® can be applied by non-professionals, SC2 Trading recommends using a certified applicator. To get more information, please contact us at email@example.com
- Surface must be clean with no loose debris or particles, rust, dirt, oil, films or residues of any kind. Moist Metal Grip® will cover previous coatings if they are fully adhered to the surface.
- Mechanically stir base.
- Mix curing agent into base and let sit for 30 minutes before applying.
- Airless or pot sprayed: tip size .015; apply in two coats.
- Roller or brush: apply in three coats.
- Add an additional coat for vertical surfaces
|Applied rate:||Metal: 6.14m2/liter Concrete: 4.90m2/liter|
|Film thickness:||Wet: 0.25-0.35mm Dry: 0.130-0.180mm|
|Temperature:||0°C (32°F) – 38°C (100°F)
Colder temperatures will increase dry time.
|Dry times:||4 hours to touch.
10 hours to recoat.
Recommended applying first coat at night.
|Full cure:||10 days. Can be submerged after 48 hours.|
|Precautions:||6-8 hour pot life.|
|Limitations- Do not use as a single-corrosion coat system exposed to the sun. Epoxies will chalk when exposed to UV over time.
– On food preparation surfaces that are in direct contact with foodstuffs.
– Do not apply over chlorinated rubber. Even after sandblasting, the chlorination can attack the solvents and brittle the coating.