EnduRoof 2K is a fast-curing, two- component, bitumen-extended polyurethane fluid. It produces a highly elastic membrane with strong adhesion to many types of surfaces and excellent mechanical and chemical resistance properties. It is based on pure elastomeric hydrophobic polyurethane resin and is extended with chemically polymerized virgin bitumen.
- Components easily mixed 1:1 by volume.
- Fast curing.
- Thick, bubble-free, membrane possible.
- Being a two-component product means that the quantities not mixed can be stored for later use.
- Its low modulus gives it excellent substrate crack-bridging properties.
- Excellent adhesion on almost any surface, with or without the use of special primers.
- No thinning is required but xylene may be used.
- Excellent thermal resistance, the product never turns soft.
- Max service temperature 80 °C,
- Max shock temperature 200 °C.
- Resistance in the cold: the film remains elastic even down to -40°C.
- Excellent mechanical high elongation, tensile and tear strength, high abrasion resistance.
- Good chemical resistance.
- UV resistant.
Water vapor transmission: The membrane breathes so there is no accumulation of humidity under the coat. Can also be used as a joint sealant.
Waterproofing and protection of:
- Gypsum and cement boards
- Polyurethane insulation foams
- Asphalt membranes
- EPDM membranes
- Bathrooms (under tiles)
- Verandas and balconies (under tiles)
- Flower pots
- Light roofing made of metal or fibrous cement
- Non-potable water tanks
- Bridge platforms
- “cut-and-cover” tunnels
- Irrigation channels
Clean the surface using jet water, if possible. Remove oil,grease and wax contaminants. Cement laitance, looseparticles, mould release agents, flaking coatings must also beremoved. Fill surface irregularities with the necessaryproduct. Priming: apply the required primer following theguidelines above. Mixing: use a low speed (300 rpm) mixer.Add xylene, 5-10% for application by spraying.
Mix equal volumes (1:1) of the two componentsmanually or with a low speed (300 rpm) mixer. Applymixed quantities immediately. Pot life (of mixedquantities): 30-45 min at 20°C.
Apply the material with brush, roller or spatula. Can becharged easily with inorganic dry fillers e.g. silica sand.